Today's tab dump

I always enjoy it when Tulsa blogger Michael Bates shares a potpourri of links always ranging in topic but rarely uninteresting.

I have really had to cut back on my reading lately as I have been busier than usual.  However, I enjoyed a few good reads today and I thought I would share them with you.

A simple yet effective guide to using Flickr in local governments from the Dan Slee Blog is a helpful reminder of how easy and functional a social media tool like Flickr can be for local governments.

I found an interesting partnership called the FBGov, or For/By Government.  It is a wonderful concept and I wish them all the best as they add more communities to their ranks.  Collaboration amongst cities is a fantastic way to spread R&D dollars around.  It looks like they already have 10 communities on board and so I plan to watch this little organization with eager anticipation.

This next one is an old bookmark that I am just now getting around to reading.  The Victorian State Government of Australia continues to publish great content on the subject of Gov 2.0 and their Gov 2.0 Action Plan is an invaluable resource if you are a government looking for a template to get yours started.  Their eGov Resource Centre is a wealth of information.

If your community doesn't have a plan to leverage some of the innovative technologies available, please don't hesitate to reach out.  I would love to help! /plug

If you haven't had your daily dose of cool uses of technology, check out Get Around.  I already signed up for the beta test.  Not sure many of my friends would want to drive my van but hey, I think the concept is intriguing.  Let me know if you sign up and what kind of car you are willing to share. I may need a snazzy convertible for a date with SidsHappyWife.

Hope you are having a great week so far. I am going to hit the books now and knock out a paper. Cheers!