Writing Naturally



Blogging, or more specifically typing my thoughts, has never come natural to me. When I have an idea or something meaningful to transcribe I look for my pen and some paper. I enjoy writing the 'old fashioned' way.  Some of you may even recognize the card stock in this picture.  If I have met with you and specifically if I have taken something away from that meeting that was important to me, it is very likely that I wrote you a note thanking you for that learning opportunity.

I suppose I could buy one of those really cool writing tablets like Chad Henderson has and I will admit, it is tempting.

Writing is important to me.  I think it is actually important to a lot of things.  One friend recently described the process:
Our handwriting is a reflection of our souls, and we in this technological generation allow just a few strokes of the keyboard to attempt to reveal our thoughts.
I can't argue with that.  Isn't it also ironic how the smiley face :) has become our default answer to calming a tense email or chat?

This isn't meant to be preachy and I sure don't think everyone should stop typing.  But if you haven't picked up pen and paper lately and wrote a letter, I would encourage you to do it.  Not because I think we need to start a movement or anything, but because I think you will enjoy it.

All the best.

Comments

  1. My dad studied handwriting analysis, and all while I was growing up, I wondered if it was all hokey or something, but recently it was revealed to me that our handwriting not only reflects our personalities and beliefs, it also is a back door to changing those beliefs. While our penmanship is a reflection of our current state, by altering the shapes of our letters, we can actually change our thought process. How cool is that?

    We are indeed fearfully and wonderfully made!
    tm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kid you not, I have been considering picking up shorthand or some other form of dead or dying handwriting method. I would love to be able to analyze it too like you dad.

    It is indeed really cool what happens when we write.

    Thanks so much for the thoughtful comments Tracy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thoughts?