Writing Naturally



Blogging, or more specifically typing my thoughts, has never come natural to me. When I have an idea or something meaningful to transcribe I look for my pen and some paper. I enjoy writing the 'old fashioned' way.  Some of you may even recognize the card stock in this picture.  If I have met with you and specifically if I have taken something away from that meeting that was important to me, it is very likely that I wrote you a note thanking you for that learning opportunity.

I suppose I could buy one of those really cool writing tablets like Chad Henderson has and I will admit, it is tempting.

Writing is important to me.  I think it is actually important to a lot of things.  One friend recently described the process:
Our handwriting is a reflection of our souls, and we in this technological generation allow just a few strokes of the keyboard to attempt to reveal our thoughts.
I can't argue with that.  Isn't it also ironic how the smiley face :) has become our default answer to calming a tense email or chat?

This isn't meant to be preachy and I sure don't think everyone should stop typing.  But if you haven't picked up pen and paper lately and wrote a letter, I would encourage you to do it.  Not because I think we need to start a movement or anything, but because I think you will enjoy it.

All the best.